The Internet Is Freaking Out About This Odd House On Zillow
“Please read carefully before scheduling showings,” reads the ominous introduction to this most puzzling house listing that has the internet all abuzz. It goes on to say “Little is known about condition except that property has active roof leaks.”
Mystery solved. Update at bottom of article.
The listing features a number of very strange photos of what could best be described as a fixer-upper, or at worst the scene of a mass murder.
But it gets even stranger, as the listing goes on to say:
Upstairs apartment cannot be shown under any circumstances. Buyer assumes responsibility for the month-to-month tenancy in the upstairs apartment. Occupant has never paid, and no security deposit is being held, but there is a lease in place. (Yes, it does not make sense, please don’t bother asking.)
The mysterious upstairs tenant’s entrance:
Then there is this “altar / shrine / barbecue” out back:
What some folks are saying:
- Holy mother of… WHAT is upstairs?!?!
- This house is a shitstorm.
- There is a lease. But the tenant is not paying rent?
- Something has happened in that house. I have a super creepy feeling looking at the photos.
- That cannot be legal, even in SC.
- Is that a tuba or a sousaphone sticking up out of the ground?
- It appears the doorpost has been marked with lamb’s blood, passover style.
- I’m very sensitive. I get a bad feeling as well.
- Is that some sort of altar out back? It scares me.
We did a bit of investigation and found that the home currently lists 3 tenants:
You can find the home on Zillow and it can be yours for just $130,000!
Update: Mystery solved.
Retired artist had no idea he was ‘mysterious’ tenant in viral SC property listing. Full story here.